Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Surprise!!!!

Had an absolutely fantastic date with Al last night!!

Flowers and chocolate? NOPE
Romantic dinner and candlelight? you ask...NOPE
Some quiet smooching on the couch? NOPE...nosey!

Al and I had the MOST fantastic time last night covering the front lawn of some friends of ours in campaign signs.  Signs of all different colors, sizes and probably political sides since I didn't really look to see who they were!!  It was like a beautiful Election time wonderland!!!

There we were...at 10:30 at night, sneaking around outside their house in our stealthy dark clothing, giggling like idiots as we put up sign after sign after sign on their lawn...with a lovely note that read: 
                          Don't forget to vote! Love, Al and Gina.

Oh it was magic!! We giggled like little kids all the way there and all the way back!!

I'm sure our friends got a good laugh from it too...as well they should since this was payback from the toilet they left in our front yard a couple of months back!!

But the best part, the very BEST part was how much fun WE had just doing something silly and completely out of our norm!

I know...you'd figure Al and I would do this kinda stuff all the time...since we are a little off the wall. But we don't.  At least we DIDN'T....

We had such a good time that we've decided to make this a new family tradition!!

Don't worry folks...we wont go with the typical (and hard to clean up) toilet paper or the evil eggs!  We're gonna find new and inventive ways of leaving wonderful little surprises for all our friends (within a reasonable driving distance!) all over their yards!!
My thought is...if you can't remove my surprise in less than 10 minutes because you're laughing too hard to go faster, I did  a good job!  And since I am an overachiever...sometimes...well, I'm gonna try real hard!

Who needs marriage counseling when you can prank your friends and neighbors together!!!

OH THIS IS GONNA BE FUN!!!


P.S  In case "The Man" is monitoring me...all signs were legally removed from un-authorized areas in my housing addition so there's no need to come arrest me!! :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad we could be there to enhance the fun in your marriage! And BTW, this is my first comment, but I am LOVING this outlet you've found. Keep writing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Andrea...its wonderful friends like you that have helped us keep the spice...or at least the craziness...in our marriage!! :)

    Thanks Kathy!...now go out and leave a few surprises of your own!!

    ReplyDelete