Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I'm cool! no...really, I am!

Can I admit to you that I find the teenagers somewhat intimidating?
I know...Its ridiculous!! But I can't seem to help it!

Maybe its cause I was a little nerdy in my own teenage years.  I mean I wasn't completely crazy nerdy...but well I wasn't exactly a social leader among my female counterparts and boys certainly weren't lining up for a date with me!!

I know...they were just awed by my awesomeness!!

But I digress...
Somewhere in me this sad little nerdy chick is still a little overwhelmed when faced with the "cool kids".
Sure I'm 36 and can totally take them down...not that I will, cause people keep telling me its apparently illegal...and I'm a successful grownup and all...so how lame am I that I still want them to think I'm cool?

I KNOW! I KNOW...I'm a middle-aged mom of 4, not exactly what a teenager considers cool...but well I at least don't want them to think "UGHHHH!!" when I'm around.

Now don't think I'm running around trying to "act cool"...cause how pathetic is that!  I'm just seriously uncomfortable when surrounded by them. I'm really trying to overcome this utter wrongness, so I volunteer at the kids' youth group...hoping maybe a little complete immersion therapy will help! But even then, I tend to just try to melt into the background...you know stealth like. 

This whole post is just making me mad! What the heck is wrong with me!! Sheesh!!

God!! maybe I do need some therapy...
Then again I'd probably be too embarrassed to admit any of this to a therapist....so I guess it'll be our secret!

No comments:

Post a Comment