Saturday, December 4, 2010

ok...really?

I just don't understand...what's so hard about not leaving your dirty underwear on the bathroom floor after your shower??  Or not leaving a glass with a 1/4 inch of milk in your room for 2 days? Or a banana peel in the same location?

I mean I love a mystery as much as the next guy...but I'd rather not play "where's that awful smell coming from?!" for 3 days!!

I don't think I'm asking for too much...I mean I don't pee on the back of the toilet, so why should I be the one having to clean that up!!

You don't see me spraying sparkly hair spray in my hair every day...so why am I the one scrubbing the bathroom floor and counter to get all the sticky shiny stuff off!!

And further more...its been a loooong time since I played with Play-Do. I shouldn't be responsible for picking it off the carpet!

I fully grasp that as the fulltime "domestic engineer" of my household, I am responsible for most of the maintenance around here.  And mostly I'm ok with that...I just remind myself (often) that its a blessing to have so much stuff to clean up daily and that I am blessed to be able to stay home and do it.

However...there HAS to be a line in there somewhere!  Sure I'll do your laundry and put it in a nice basket in your room, and I'll vacuum your room for you...maybe dust once in a while.  But I shouldn't have to go on an archaeological hunt through layers of detritus to find the awful smell!!!

An quite honestly...I love you, I do...but I don't want to pick up your dirty underwear/smelly socks!!

ALL my children know that if there's ONE thing I can't handle its any type of spoiled dairy product.  I mean that literally.  If at any point any cup/bowl/dish...anything contains anything dairy that seems even remotely spoiled to me I will gag all the way to the garbage and just throw it out.  I can't even begin to explain how many baby bottles we went through when the kids were babies...its hundreds...per kid!!!  Its one of my few OCD issues I've never felt compelled to overcome.
So why, then, can they not rinse out their cups/bowls/whatever before putting it in the sink?!! Worse yet...why would they leave a glass sitting around like that for God knows how long?!!! Literally threw up like 3 times before I could even get close enough to the glass to remove it! Then a couple of more times before I finally got the glass outside to the garbage can...there's NO WAY I was throwing that away inside my house!!  If this keeps up I'll have to find a part-time job just to pay for new cups!!

I know... I'm complaining a lot....and NO ONE wants to hear a big whiner!
I'll stop now....I'll come back later when I've finished cleaning around here and have sprayed down and put away my hazmat suit.  Its kinda hard to type with these biggo gloves anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment