Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Got a minute?

What would you do if you thought you might only have 2 days left to kiss your daughters goodnight? To hug them and tell them they are wonderful, beautiful and worthy?  To see their smiles and hear their laughter?  If you knew someone was coming to take them from you in 2 days how would you feel?
If you thought there was someone who could help you fix it, wouldn't you call them, email them, fax them...as many times as it took to get their attention?

That's what I've been doing today. 
 Let me tell you about my friend Pam and her family....better yet, I'll let her tell you in her own words.  This has been her plea all day, to anyone and everyone:

      Here's our Story: I am the proud mother of 3 children, Logan, Alexa and Paola. My husband, Lonnie and I had the wonderful pleasure of adopting Alexa and Paola from an orphanage in Juarez, Mexico in September 2006. While the past 4 years have been a little piece of Heaven to us as a family of 5, we have continually fought with the Mexican government to finalize the adoption that was supposed to only take 6 months. So here we are today begging for your help. Because Mexico took so long, the guidelines for international adoptions changed and we are caught in the middle. Now in order to adopt from Mexico you cannot know or have had contact with the children. Well obviously having our girls living in our home for the past 4 years would be an immediate dismissal. Mexico asked us to lie and pretend we never had the girls, however we would do this under penalty of perjury in the US and face imprisonment. We hit an official roadblock with Mexico this past summer and hired another attorney (our 4th one in fact) to help us try to finalize the adoption here in the US. Our adoption petition has been filed with the district courts and we simply await the review of a family court judge. But, we have run out of time. Mexico wants the girls back because we refused to travel to Mexico and sign a commitment letter. We were advised not to travel there because of the danger and also potential endangerment if we refused to sign this "commitment" jeopardizing our daughters, we would be detained in Mexico. Mexico has contact the US Child Protective Services and we have heard we have until this Friday, 12/10/10 to get all of this craziness stopped. We need a Texas Congressman or Senator to grant a "STOP ACTION" and not allow the US agencies to assist Mexico in deporting our girls.(Cause # 2010CM6553).  Please focus all efforts on Senator John Cornyn's office!  We need a STOP ACTION from Cornyn's office to prohibit Mexico from using a US agency like CPS or Border Patrol to take custody of our girls.
Online form
http://cornyn....senate.gov/public/index.cfm?p=ContactForm
Phone:972-239-1310  Fax:972-239-2110
 Loving Life and Trusting Fully,
 Pamela Crim
 
If it were my girls, there's nothing I wouldn't do.  For my friends I'll do everything I can.  So I've emailed, called and faxed the offices of  Senators and Congressmen in Texas and I've prayed.  And I'll do so again tomorrow and hope and pray that in 2 days when its bed time on Friday, Pam and Lonnie are kissing their girls goodnight and tucking them in bed, knowing they'll wake up on Saturday still together and stay that way!
 
I'm hoping you all will help as well...those who know me well, and those of you who hardly know me at all.  If it were you, your family...you'd ask for and be eternally grateful for any help, from family, friends and strangers.  I know they are!
Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Gina I feel the same and crying through your post! Doing all I know to do and wishing I could do more.

    ReplyDelete