Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Good freaking morning to you too!!

Picture this....

  Its 6:03 in the morning.  Its quiet and dark.  Everyone is snuggled asleep in bed.  (Except for Angela, who needs an hour to put on a pair of pants and a sweater and gets up before the rest of us.  She's very quiet about it though...so no one really hears her doing her thing.)  So Angie, having finished doing her hair in my bathroom turns out the light so she wont wake me and walks out of the bathroom into my dark room.  At just this precise moment David is kinda staggering into my room, still half asleep, to ask if he can watch cartoons. Angie walks out, sees someone standing in front of her in the dark and...of course...screams like a banshee! 
Which, needless to say, makes David scream. 
Which of course scares the crap out of me...being sound asleep prior to all the screaming...and I start screaming and thrashing around trying to unravel myself from the blankets.
Which makes Angie and Dave scream again!
Still irrational from the abrupt transition, they make me scream again.

So there we are...all three of us...taking turns screaming at each other. 

Reason finally peeped in when Al yelled from his room "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!!"

Normally I would frown upon the use of such language from my kids...but I couldn't really do much parenting when I was still trying to catch my breath and hoping my heart would get back into a normal rhythm! 

After all that Angie and I just started laughing...rather hysterically I might add.  Dave got mad at us, called us crazy and stomped off to his room. And I could hear Al mumbling "bunch of freaking weirdos don't let people sleep!" to himself in his room.

And that my friends is how my Wednesday began.

On the plus side, I didn't pee my pants!!

4 comments:

  1. Nothing like starting the morning with an eye opening scream, followed by a good morning laugh! :)

    I read your profile and noticed you live in Tulsa, Ok. I use to live in Independence, Ks., which is about 35-45 minutes north of you! Would visit your big city to do all of my Xmas shopping. Small world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love my Tulsa!!My hubby and I like to say we're refugees from Southern California! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa.... my husband and I moved to Tennessee from Southern California, Oceanside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOOO...now THAT's what I call a small world!!!

    ReplyDelete