Friday, December 10, 2010

you missed me...admit it!

So I've been blogless a couple of days...which is weird really cause I've been on my computer almost the entire time.  Spent the last 2 days pestering anybody I thought could help with my friend's adoption situation.  I was really expecting the Senators and congressman to block my number at some point! :)

Its been an unbelievable experience...at a time in our society when we constantly hear that we're all just in it for ourselves, that people are self-involved and that our government does little but drive us to drink...I've just experienced the exact opposite.  Hundreds of women and their families have paused their lives or spent every last available spare minute doing everything possible to help a family most have never met.  Even more unbelievable to me is the fact that this woman has been able to inspire this kind of friendship in so many women.  I mean really...would you spend virtually 2 entire days of your life helping someone you don't really know?  I don't know about you, but I might not spend that long on some of my family members.

....don't worry, I totally don't mean you! I'd help you out no matter what...I mean those other ones!

To be quite honest...enjoy this moment, it doesn't happen often...I'm pretty positive that I would not inspire that kind of support if I were in that situation.  I'm sure my inner circle of those who can still stand me would step up to the plate for me...but it sure as heck wouldn't be hundreds of people!!  Lets hope I never have to find out!!

I wish I could be more positive, more inspiring...but my sarcasm button seems to be stuck on high.  I guess its just part of my social ineptness...there's been very VERY rare instances where I manage to act appropriately in a a situation.  I mean it doesn't matter how serious the topic...I will at some point crack a joke about it or make some kind of inappropriate comment. 

  I don't do serious real well. My mind and heart might be in it...but my mouth just needs to break the tension.   I suppose its like a coping mechanism for me.  You know like those people who when they get real mad it makes them cry for some reason...by the way, when dealing with those people it doesn't help if you laugh.  Yeah...stress makes me inappropriate.

So you can imagine... in this economy, with 4 kids (2 of which are wallowing in adolescent angst), on a perpetual diet and during the holiday season...well its amazing one appropriate word exits my mouth at any point in the day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment