Monday, December 6, 2010

Keep your coins...I want change!

So I stole the title of this here piece of literary shenanigans from my favorite website...smokinhotmamaclub.com. 
Its not what you think...or maybe it is....we're all hot! As in on fire for our lives, our families, our health and our faith! And we all want to talk to each other about it...cause that's what women do!

Anyway, this post was about...you guessed it, change! What do we want to change? Why do we want to change it? How are we gonna change it? And....really? Do you mean it this time? Are you really gonna change it?

Now there's TONS of stuff I want to change in my life.  There's significant interior design changes I desperately need to make around here.  There's the always needed "change your attitude!" going on in my house.  I'd like to change my eating habits so I'm not sitting here eating handfuls of frosted flakes while I type this.  There's a couple of surgical changes...or shall we say alterations...I'd like to make sometime in the near future.   Well, you get it...the list is pretty significant.
BUT...well they're all kinda namby-pamby changes.  Things I'd like...at some point.  It would be nice if I could...some day.  That would be really great...as soon as I can.
I realized my list of changes is more like a list of wishful thinking...all nice thoughts, but none really a concrete This is what I've been doing vs This is what I will do differently.

So I gave it some thought and decided for the health of my family, cause I don't do change well...it makes me cranky...I'm starting small.  I've come to the conclusion...ok after spending most of Friday and almost all of Saturday reading

                               Side note:  It was a hilarious 4 book series about a crazy family of private investigators.
                                 So once you start a series you can't just stop half way! You have to finish it!!!

and spending $20 on books 2 and 3 cause the library didn't have them  (Not the best use of my discretionary budget considering all the expenses this month will entail).... that maybe I may have a slight reading problem.  And I've always said as far as bad habits go...reading isn't so bad!  But when a mother of 4 lets her kids play X-Box all day and feeds them chicken nuggets and cereal so she can get back to her book quickly...its not good!  Not to mention that spending nearly 2 days sitting/laying around reading really isn't gonna do much for my fitness levels.  And going to sleep at 4AM really doesn't help my mood in the morning...which is already kinda ragged!

SO....you ready?  I've decided that for my first big change I need to give myself healthy reading parameters.  I will only read between the hours of 8 and 11PM.  And, should I be lucky enough to carve out some free time during daylight hours, the amount of reading time must be followed by an equal amount of time doing some kind of physical activity.  This, however, does not include the Monday of Book Club as I will generally forget to read our selection and will have to read it all that day!

I am committed to this change! I can do this!

Maybe I also need to commit to not having a box of frosted flakes sitting next to me while I'm on the computer....but dang they're good!!!

4 comments:

  1. Bravo! Good for you - making a change. I am not quite ready to give up my 4am reading but I have decided to add working out on a regular basis to my change list.

    Through some great heavenly planning, a 24 hour gym opened up literally across the street from my office. It is "on the way home" and open all day/nite, so it fits my work schedule! So I will be stopping by there at least 3 times a week starting this week.

    By the way, any way i can finagle an invite to your book club? Is it open to new members? I would definitely enjoy doing something like that. Let me know.

    Thanks for your entertaining posts! I always enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya!! I find myself reading away half the night WAAY to often! I keep saying "just one more chapter and I'll stop!" Hours later there I am still reading!!
    Oh you can SO finangle an invite!!! I'll find out all the info for this month's meeting and send it over to you! I LOVE it...we're all rather unique individuals, so it makes for a lot of fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Gina, is it welcome news that the Smokin' Hot Mama Club is introducing their book club in January along with a chat forum on the website??? I love you dearly!
    Loving Life,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOOT!!!! 2 of my most FAVORITE things!! SHM and book club!!! Can't wait for January!!!!!!
    I LOVE MY PAM!!! I LOVE MY SHM!!! I LOVE MY BOOKS!!!
    (any idea how hard it is to hold a laptop, type and cheer on a bathroom counter all at once?!)

    ReplyDelete