Sunday, January 23, 2011

time flies when you're getting old!

Where has this month gone? I mean it! really! Did you all see it...cause I'm sure I had a whole "I'm totally gonna start this year with a bang!" thing planned out.  But here we are and I've apparently missed the entire month with nary a bang in sight!

In fact...I'm pretty sure that my momentum has been non-existent! I'm practically moving backwards!  I mean its not like I don't want to achieve all the wondrous things on my list, I totally do!  And really my list isn't all that crazy spectacular.  I've accepted the fact that I will not ever have that Hawaiian Tropic model physique...I'll settle for just a little less jiggle at this point!  I don't want my house to be featured on some home decorating magazine...I'd just like to limit the clutter to manageable proportions and perhaps have my home be candle scented and not crap scented!  I've made some progress on what I hope will be my first book...but I'm not feeling real sure about it. 

So here I am on another Sunday night...
  honestly, I'm doing more football watching than introspective analysis at this point...but what else did you expect!
...and telling myself "tomorrow you're really gonna get your butt in gear! You're gonna wake up early. Get your run in before you have an excuse to cut it short.  And get some stuff DONE!"   And I'm all excited and ready for tomorrow!  And then tomorrow comes and goes...
So...yup, been here done that...
which brings us right back to WHERE THE HELL HAS THIS MONTH GONE AND WHY HAVEN'T I DONE ANYTHING!!!

UUGHHHHH!!! Why? Why?!!! WHY?!!!!  Am I really that lame that I can't get it together for even one month!  Heck I can't even seem to get it together from Sunday night to Monday morning!!  And at the rate time seems to be going by once you get this age...things are only gonna get worse apparently at a much faster rate. 
God and to boot I'm turning into such a complainer! I'm annoying even myself...someone just smack me!

So I'm turning to you my friends...please feel free to remind me how unhappy I am when I'm overweight! Tell me "Hey there jello butt!" or "Hey girl, your house looks like crap!" or "Hey! You're only getting older. Time's running out! Use it or loose it!" 

Maybe that's what I need...some tough love to get that fire lit!

So my friends call me, text me, message me and feel free to use whatever means necessary to help motivate me...cause I'm seriously lacking in that department!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see I am not the only one suffering from lack of motivation. I keep hearing that when you finally get so disgusted with your current state you will do something about it.

    Well I can guarantee that I am thoroughly disgusted with my current state and I need things to change. I plan my strategy - how I am going to attack it - but does it happen? NOPE!

    I think I need a partner. An accountability partner. I want to start running, but the treadmill is not really appealing. But who wants to get up at 5.30 in the morning and run alone????

    So basically, you are so not alone. I am right there with you. When you get the solution figured out let me know. Maybe I can cheat off your answers :)

    ReplyDelete