Friday, March 2, 2012

you are

God and I have been writing love songs to each other these last couple of weeks (yes. it's THAT kind of post...so feel free to tune out if you wanna).  Let me tell you, He's waaay better than me! 
And, although I never thought I'd do this, (cause in the normal scheme of me I tend to usually giggle at other people's poetic writing, not in a mean way...well not usually in a mean way...more in a "wow! you sure have deep thoughts that I'll never understand." kinda way) I decided to share this...mostly for my wonderful friends who humor the many faces of me!

In the pinnacle and the abyss, in the torrent and the mist; You are.
In the silence and the shout, in boldness and in doubt; You are.
The fire that burns inside, my ever present guide; You are.
In the mother's lullaby, in the wounded heart's cry; You are.
In the shadow and the light, in the weakness and the fight; You are.
The glow of first love, the hope from above; You are.
In the desert and the rain, in the joy and in the pain; You are.
In the stillness and the rush, in love's tender touch; You are.
In the stranger's helping hand, in the faith to finally stand; You are.
So let my prayer always be
let there be less of me,  so when they look, all they'll see is who You are.

No comments:

Post a Comment