Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Rachel vs Jillian Michaels

The Tulsa Shock came to Rachel's school today for the "Time out for Fitness" assembly.

Who are the Tulsa Shock you ask?  You animal! How dare you not know of the unmatched Tulsa WNBA team!!! The nerve!

So a couple of players, some cheerleaders (David was heartbroken and deeply disturbed that his class did not go to this event...where there were cheerleaders...pretty pretty cheerleaders...) and VOLT!

"Volt is awesome! I love Volt! Really...I love him!" 
From the moment she got home, till I sent her to bed...that's pretty much all I heard.

Volt said....

Volt did...

Volt showed us...

Apparently this Volt (the team mascot - most likely a fox) did a whole presentation, complete with backflips and lots of jumping around, about fitness.   He gave the kids this brochure with all kinds of info about exercise, eating well and creating good habits.

 So all evening Rachel ran around...literally...jogged around the house, jumping-jacked around the house, lunged around the house, did arm circles around the house, butterfly-kicked around the house, knee-lifted around the house... you see where this is going

I had to holler at her twice to sit down during dinner because she would get up and jump around while eating her pizza (probably not too horrible an idea).  I don't know if she continued her exercise mania during church...and I don't want to know either.

As part of her fitnesspalooza evening she also came up with a fitness slogan she's gonna share with everyone so she can help them get fit....prepare yourself...

"BE FIT NOT FAT!" 

This was where she started channeling Jillian Michaels...

"mom, you just gotta tell people they HAVE to be fit.  It makes you sick if you're not!  So if I see someone and they're fat I'm gonna tell them BE FIT NOT FAT!" 

oh...

oh no...

not good...

it's a good thing she didn't proceed to tell me, the person with the authority to spank her hiney, to BE FIT NOT FAT...cause them's fightin words!

I had to crush her dream of the Rachel BE FIT NOT FAT fitness craze (I know I keep writing it in caps...it's cause she was VERY emphatic every time she said it!) with a discussion about nice words vs hurtful words.

She's in the process of developing a new slogan.

I'll keep you updated...

No comments:

Post a Comment