Sunday, October 31, 2010

To all those who know and love me and whom I know and love, I humbly apologize for not being a 100%, all-in, sold out to you friend. But I'M ALL IN NOW!!!

I've always known I'm not THE bestest friend a person could ask for.  I'm completely socially-inept, rather self-involved and would rather be home with a good book or watching some sporting event or another than with other people.  That's just my personality...its who I am...its how I'm made!

Ok not...its what's comfortable.  So church today was a little hard to sit through.  I mean I sure don't want to sit there and learn I've chosen to be a sucky friend.

But there's the truth...I have always chosen to not ever be 100% invested in any friendship.  Its not like if you call me with a problem I'm gonna say..."sorry The Duke in this book is about to rescue the beautiful, yet rebellious young Lady from being eaten by Zombies, I really gotta go!" I mean I will listen and help if I can and be supportive and all...but that's where I'm done.  Even if I have something completely relevant in my life to share...I probably wont.  I mean...its not like you wanna hear my mess! After all...you called me to talk about your problem!  And well...I'm kind of a private person, I'm not just gonna tell you all my business! Geez!!

So...now I hear God wants me to be 100% in...like I gotta put my stuff in the pile too. 
All of it?  I mean...ALL of it?   cause I got stuff...my stuff's got stuff....this might be a loooong conversation! Should I put it in alphabetical order?  By order of level of destruction?  By order of most to least police involvement?  Or maybe just I should start off slow so as not to scare you off....

Which brings me to the second half of my dilemma...apparently I also have to be willing to allow my friends to, not only be my cheerleaders, but also be willing to let them point out when I'm strutting my stupid!!

If a friendship is totally comfortable, if your friend never challenges you, questions you, reprimands you and occasionally smacks you in the back of the head...well that's not really a 100% friendship. 

So my friends, now that I've turned over this new leaf and I'm going all-in, (I am you friend whether you want me or not) AND  since I happen to allow my stupid to strut around rather often...usually in high heels and a sassy hat so it gets lots of attention...

I'm sure we'll have lots to talk about!!

No comments:

Post a Comment